Failed to open DRM device

Zhang Weiwu zhangweiwu at realss.com
Mon Oct 25 08:43:43 PDT 2010

 On 10/25/2010 11:32 PM, Alex Deucher wrote:
> The drm is not able to access the rom on your secondary card so it's
> not able to initialize it.  From your dmesg:
> [   16.705425] radeon 0000:02:00.0: Invalid ROM contents
> [   16.705469] radeon 0000:02:00.0: Invalid ROM contents
> [   16.705480] [drm:radeon_get_bios] *ERROR* Unable to locate a BIOS ROM

I am sorry being newbie in a geeky list. The big difference of newbie
and geek is, newbie usually carry two questions (as I wrote:)
> What do you think is my problem and how to fix it so X always starts on
> boot?
So the first question is what is the problem, second being how to fix it.

While geek only have one question "what is the problem" and they can fix
it themselves if they know what problem is it.

So thanks for helping answer the first question... :)

So, much to go against the wisdom of asking question the right way, may
I also ask the second question "what should I do now?"

Since I don't need the second video card in Linux, but only need it in
dual-booted Windows, can I simply add a parameter on kernel start-up to
ignore probing the second video card? I'd be glad be told the parameter
directly or where to look for the answer.