Dual display with same DISPLAY variable value when using "radeon"

Øystein B oybed at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 25 01:51:00 PDT 2010

Hi,
I have my laptop setup with dual monitors (LVDS + VGA). I can successfully use xrandr to manipulate both displays. However, the problem is that they both have the DISPLAY environment variable set to :0.0 and hence I don't have control over which monitor to open an application to. Am I missing some configuration that ensures the correct DISPLAY variable value, or is there a different method I should use?

Thank you
- Øystein