Feature Request: Custom Modelines with KMS

Jamie Smith hutts at internode.on.net
Thu Nov 25 05:07:24 PST 2010

Hi,

I'm not sure if this applies more to drivers or xorg itself.  I have a linux HTPC and it's connected to my television via SCART socket.  My old tv doesn't support EDID and the like, so I need to use custom modelines in xorg.conf.  I'd like to enable KMS to reap all the benefits of it, but all my modelines are totally ignored.

Is there a way, or can an option be added to force KMS to honour extra modelines in xorg.conf?

Thanks in advance.

--
Jamie Smith <hutts at internode.on.net>