Which one to buy ?

Jerome Glisse j.glisse at gmail.com
Tue Nov 16 07:13:54 PST 2010

On Sat, Nov 13, 2010 at 4:42 AM, Xavier Bestel <xavier.bestel at free.fr> wrote:
> Here comes that time again: I have to buy a graphic card, I want to buy
> a radeon, not too long/wide (limited space in the box), reasonably
> recent and powerful, to be used in a debian/sid system.
> What do I buy if I want 3D (compiz at least) now, or at least very
> soon ?
> I guess if AMD pours money on linux support, it's because they want
> their stuff to be bought. But it's not clear yet when the latest gen is
> usable without fglrx.
>
> Thanks for your enlightened advices,
>
>        Xav

HD5XXX have 3D support. For HD6XXX i guess once again we don't have
schedule and when we will be able to support them but it should be
quite easy most of the 3D engine on the lower end are the same as
evergreen (HD5XXX) so it shouldn't need too much work. Anyway it's up
to you to pickup one you like, you might take advantage of HD5XXX not
being the lastest on the market to get nice deal :o)

Cheers,
Jerome Glisse