Concerning the 3D Rage IIc card

hosadeeb at aim.com hosadeeb at aim.com
Mon May 3 23:27:07 PDT 2010

 Hi,
I'm using the above mentioned card on an old Pentium III machine, with the newest Mandriva 2010.0 distro, regularly updated.  Now, the problem is that the same hardware configuration worked rather optimally upto x.org included in Mandriva 2007, but not the current one.  I'm not using the automatically selected driver (Mach-64), instead I opted for the x.org ati driver.  Still, video is appreciably slower than before, especially with films.

I would appreciate if you could possibly provide me with, maybe, some tweaks or adjustments ...

Many thanks in anticipation.

Hosam Adeeb Nashed
http://www.HosamANashed.info