ATI Radeon Mobility 5740 HD

Janis Eisaks je at ktf.rtu.lv
Mon Mar 22 04:48:46 PDT 2010

Hi!

I recently got an Acer Aspire 5740G with such GPU on board.

To my great disappointment, when i tried to install Slack64, i found
that such GPU doesn't have even ATI proprietary driver.

Following use-it-or-loose-it principle, i tried to install Fedora 12
(64bit) and after update ir worked in full beauty.

As I want to have Slackware64 - what drivers have i to use to get it
working or this is just some specific Redhat/Fedora solution?

Janis