Side note about wrong monitor size [was Re: New monitor, pink vertical line ...]

John Stoffel john at stoffel.org
Mon Mar 1 09:19:48 PST 2010

Dave,

What happens if you put back in the 58xx card and clear out the
Monitor section from your xorg.conf file completely?  Let the KMS
figure out the monitor settings on it's own?  Do you get the screwy
pink line then?

I've generally stopped putting in Monitor sections since the Kernela
and Xorg now understand EDID info much better now.

Good lukc, and thanks for all your testing.  I'm slowly getting
tempted to upgrade from my x1650 card.  :]