Interlace mode refused

Derek "The Monkey" Wueppelmann monkey at monkeynet.ca
Wed Dec 1 07:56:56 PST 2010

On Tue, 2010-11-30 at 17:40 -0500, Alex Deucher wrote:
> > I've been looking, and maybe I'm just not familiar enough with the xorg
> > project, but what should I be patching here? I'm trying to find the
> > equivalent debian package that I should grab the source for and patch,
> > or even grab a source tarball to patch, but I've come up empty so far.
> >

> It's a kernel patch for the radeon drm.  Also make sure you have the
> latest ddx (xf86-video-ati).

Just to let you, and anybody else that is having the same issue, know.
This worked perfectly. Since I'm not using the most recent kernel I had
to manually apply some of the patches (I'm using kernel 2.6.32). But
once done and compiled everything works perfectly now. My interlaced
modeline is added without an issue.

I also upgrade to the latest release of the xf86-video-ati drivers.
Basically upgraded my entire xserver side of things to the most recent
release (packages from debian experimental).

Thanks for the help.

--
 o)   Derek Wueppelmann           (o
(D .   monkey at monkeynet.ca         D).

--
BEGIN-ANTISPAM-VOTING-LINKS

Teach CanIt if this mail (ID 01DBPT8NM) is spam:
Spam:        http://canit.monkeynet.ca/canit/b.php?i=01DBPT8NM&m=93ea6daa5a01&t=20101201&c=s
Not spam:    http://canit.monkeynet.ca/canit/b.php?i=01DBPT8NM&m=93ea6daa5a01&t=20101201&c=n
Forget vote: http://canit.monkeynet.ca/canit/b.php?i=01DBPT8NM&m=93ea6daa5a01&t=20101201&c=f