RV630 and 2.6.35 together fail to enable drm

Juho-Mikko Pellinen juho-mikko.pellinen at iki.fi
Thu Aug 12 08:23:14 PDT 2010

Hi!

I have had a problem which appeared with kernel 2.6.35. I haven't had
similar problems before. I'm currently using 2.6.34 without a hitch.

When booting with 2.6.35 drm initializes, but does not show the normal
messages which appear with 2.6.34 and earlier kernels. Framebuffer
console does not replace the vga console and X fails to open dri.
The kernel was compiled with 'make oldconfig' by copying old working
config from 2.6.34.

I have consulted the #radeon so I'm pretty certain that this is not a
configuration error.

Things I have tried:
* modeset=1 and 0.
* Compiling things as modules and/or in kernel.
* Adding the firmware in kernel.

Kernels I have tried:
2.6.35, -rc2, -rc3, -rc5, -rc6

Xorg.conf - http://pastebin.com/jXx5CR5q