Multi screen 2xHD5850

Mikolajczyk, Daniel daniel.mikolajczyk at kcl.ac.uk
Tue Aug 3 05:10:58 PDT 2010

Good afternoon to Everyone,
I am trying to setup 4 or 3 screens setup on two Sapphire HD5850 ati radeon cards in Debian sid as display server for non commertial academic use. My problem is that the options from xorg.conf are not recognized/used by driver "radeon" ( newest build from git://.. ) and only one of the screens show output ( main DVI-0 ). The rest of monitors ( 3 of them ) are black. When I use "xrandr --output DVI-0 --auto" or "xrandr --output DVI-1 --auto" only the main screen activates ( first DVI port - others no activity ). I am sending my xorg.conf and Xorg.0.log in attachment just in case someone is interested. I tried ZaphodHeads option and CRT2... as well, and different monitor layouts and screen layouts as well including RightOf or LeftOf options.
Thank you very much for any help.
Daniel