Radeon/PowerPC: No video output after update 6.12.1 -> 6.12.99; 6.12.192

Albrecht Dreß albrecht.dress at arcor.de
Wed Apr 28 10:42:36 PDT 2010

Am 28.04.10 12:09 schrieb(en) Michel Dänzer:
> On Die, 2010-04-27 at 21:48 +0200, Albrecht Dreß wrote:
>> - Only XAA acceleration works properly; with EXA some colours seem to be "mixed" or "missing" (like less red and more blue) resulting in weird icons.  Maybe a different colour order?
>
> Does
>
> Option "RenderAccel" "off"
>
> work around this problem?

Yes, completely gone!  The problem is apparently not "static", btw.  Playing a little more with it, it can be easily re-produced by moving the mouse over icon on the gnome desktop.  When the icon gets highlighted, sometimes it gets the weird colours, sometimes not.  Sometimes the effect disappears the next time the icon is highlighted.  Looks like a timing issue?

>> - Both Xine and VLC show an effect as if the pixel order is reversed (like a PowerPC/endianess issue) if Xv output is used.
>
> Is this with the overlay and/or textured adaptor?

Not sure to be honest...  I attach a photo of the effect, showing the xine url in the start screen, because it's clearly visible there.  It's in the lower right corner when you launch xine without a video file.

> > This effect is not present with the frame buffer driver.
>
> The fbdev driver doesn't support support any acceleration including XVideo.

Ah, I see...

Thanks, Albrecht.