Radeon/PowerPC: No video output after update 6.12.1 -> 6.12.99; 6.12.192

Albrecht Dreß albrecht.dress at arcor.de
Tue Apr 27 12:48:48 PDT 2010

Am 23.04.10 21:58 schrieb(en) Alex Deucher:
> Mac's don't have connector tables in their bioses like x86 boards, so we have to hard code them based on how they are wired up per board. That MacModel option just hardcodes connector tables the same way the ConnectorTable option does.  It's just easier to specify the mac model than to specify a ConnectorTable string.  I doubt they will be useful in your case, since they are just arbitrary combinations of encoders, connectors, and ddc channels corresponding to a specific machine which may or may not be similar to your particular board.

O.k., I now tried to use one of the half-way working "MacModel" options plus a hard-coded monitor modeline as in the good old days, and now I at least *have* an output in 1280x1024 with the accelerated driver!  However, there are still several issues:

- Switching to a text console doesn't work.  Hit <crtl><alt><f1>, and the well-known green shades/blue line appear.  Switching to any other console or back to X doesn't work, no chance to get video working again but a reboot.
- Only XAA acceleration works properly; with EXA some colours seem to be "mixed" or "missing" (like less red and more blue) resulting in weird icons.  Maybe a different colour order?
- Both Xine and VLC show an effect as if the pixel order is reversed (like a PowerPC/endianess issue) if Xv output is used.  The ssllooww X11 video output on VLC works properly.  This effect is not present with the frame buffer driver.
- In the Xine splash screen, I see two thin lines of very bright, flickering green pixels.  never saw that before.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Albrecht.

P.S.: here's the xorg.conf I use:

Section "Device"
         Identifier      "Configured Video Device"
         Driver          "radeon"
         Option          "AccelMethod"   "XAA"
         Option          "MacModel"      "mini-internal"
EndSection
Section "Monitor"
         Identifier      "Formac TFT"
         Modeline        "1280x1024"     91.21  1280 1310 1410 1432  1024 1028 1034 1062 -hsync -vsync -csync
EndSection
Section "Screen"
         Identifier      "Default Screen"
         Monitor         "Formac TFT"
         Device          "Configured Video Device"
         DefaultDepth    24
         SubSection      "Display"
                 Depth   24
                 Modes   "1280x1024"