KDE taskbar partially dark gray (Radeon HD 5770)

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Wed Apr 14 15:06:40 PDT 2010

On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 2:59 PM, Alex Deucher <alexdeucher at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 5:09 PM, Mark Knecht <markknecht at gmail.com> wrote:
>> OK - created a Flickr account. Hopefully the link will work. There's a
>> lot of resolution so you can zoom in much tighter.
>>

> Looks like a software issue.  not sure if it's with kde or the
> xserver.  Does gnome or any other X environment show something
> similar?
>
> Alex

No, Gnome and XFCE don't have this problem, but it is starting to seem
like they might have some sort of root window problem in common. In
both I cannot set wallpaper. It acts like it's happening but there's
no change on the screen. I realize it's a difficult comparison as too
many things are changing to really know where it's coming from.

I just thought I'd ask here if:

1) Any other Radeon HD 5770 users were seeing it? (Are there any other
HD 5770 users?)
2) Are any other Radeon users seeing it?

If no one speaks up in a day or two then I'll report it upstream to Gentoo.

Thanks,
Mark