problems with "ATI proprietary" R500 driver on xorg server 7.0.1

Cooper Yuan cooperyuan at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 00:06:59 PDT 2009

it seems a workstation card, there are 3 solutions you could try.
1. run two commands in console mode,
"aticonfig --initial=dual-head"
"aticonfig --xinerama=on"
if the two commands are successful, your xorg.conf should has the same
sections with attachement.

2. use one monitor to startx and connect another, and then configure
xinerama by command "amdcccle", this command could provide a friendly GUI to
you.

3. don't use xinerama, just run the command to achieve a single desktop
spanning the two, run "aticonfig –dtop=horizontal".

Cooper