CrossFireX support?

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 09:52:51 PDT 2009

On Wed, Sep 2, 2009 at 9:30 AM, Alex Deucher<alexdeucher at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 2, 2009 at 12:08 PM, Mark Knecht<markknecht at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>   I'm looking into building new machine which will be dual boot. One
>> of the ideas that has come up for Windows usage is a dual-adapter ATI
>> system that would have two CrossFireX cards.
>>
>>   Is there any support in the current Open Source ATI driver for
>> CrossFireX? (Or is support planned if it's not in there now?)
>
> There is no support at the moment and I wouldn't expect it anytime
> soon as there are more pressing things that need to be finished first.
>
> Alex

Thanks for the response.

I may go ahead with this machine and just offer my help testing if you
ever need someone with this sort of hardware. It's very cost effective
at this point to purchase 2 $100 ATI cards that support the feature
with (generally) better performance than a single $200 card.

I presume that I can still run the machine but just use a single card?
Maybe that's a dangerous assumption...

Again, thanks for the response.

Cheers,
Mark