Crash on resuming from hibernate (Linux,RS482)

Loïc Grenié loic.grenie at gmail.com
Sun Nov 22 03:47:04 PST 2009

    I have observed that I cannot resume from hibernate
  *with DRI enabled* on my Dell Inspiron 1502 (ATI Radeon
  Xpress 200M = RS482) whenever the kernel config option
  CONFIG_SYSFS_DEPRECATED is disabled. It
  crashes each time with Tux On Ice but it seems to
  sometimes survive with vanilla hibernate.

     udevd complains whenever SYSFS_DEPRECATED
  is enabled, but resuming crashes if it is not... I'm a
  bit frustrated !

     Does anybody have any idea where could lie the
  culprit for the crash on resume:
  kernel/X driver/DRI driver/anything else/yours truly ?
  Precisely: if I switch to text mode, hibernate and
  resume, everything is fine as long as I do not switch
  back to the X console. As soon as I switch back to
  the X console, the machine crashes (hard).

    Here are some random package versions (Debian
  testing, up-to-date -- except kernel: downloaded
  straight from TuxOnIce):

kernel: v2.6.31.5 (+TuxOnIce)
xserver-xorg: 1:7.4+4
xserver-xorg-video-ati: 1:6.12.3-1