Want dual head, but no big virtual desktop

Stefan Sassenberg stefan.sassenberg at gmx.de
Mon May 11 03:19:28 PDT 2009

Hello,

I recently upgraded to xorg version 1.5.x. Before the upgrade, I
configured my RV370 to have two displays, one for each connector
(DVI/VGA). That doesn't work anymore and I read, that I can use xrandr
to set up dual head.

xrandr works fine and being able to use it while X is up is awesome, but
I now have a big virtual desktop. I need independent desktops, so that
for example I can switch a video to fullscreen on the VGA display while
working on the DVI display where I still, for example, need to switch
desktops.

Is it still possible to have separate displays like I had?

Best regards

Stefan