pushed preparation patch for KMS

Michel Dänzer michel at daenzer.net
Tue Jun 30 08:26:36 PDT 2009

On Tue, 2009-06-30 at 16:38 +1000, Dave Airlie wrote:

> I pushed a patch that prepares the driver accel code for the upcoming
> KMS/DRI2 support.
>
> This mainly sorts out the accel interfaces and tries to hide the mess
> that supporting 25 different methods of
> accel does.
>
> Let me know if it breaks anything major, or if there is any insanity
> you'd rather see not live much longer.
>
> I've mainly tried to avoid having an #ifdef XF86DRM_MODE mass.

Looking good basically. I haven't noticed any correctness regressions,
but x11perf -aa10text seems to have dropped from almost 600k/s to just
above 500k/s. Haven't had time to really look into why that is, but one
thing I noticed before on kms-support is that we seem to be
(re-)emitting some 2D state we never use with EXA, e.g. background
colours. It might be worth even trying not to re-emit state that hasn't
changed.

I also pushed some warning fixes.