ASUS EAX1950 XTX Problem with SuSE and xorg-x11-driver-video-7.4-106.1 update:

wild-thing revealed at freakmail.de
Tue Jul 21 07:46:35 PDT 2009

Am Dienstag, 21. Juli 2009 16:27:34 schrieben Sie:
> On Tue, 2009-07-21 at 15:23 +0200, wild-thing wrote:
> > Some days ago there i got some updates and this one for my machine
> > (X-Server). Its changelog is showing this:
> > #- xf86-video-intel 2.7.99.902
> > #  * This is the second release candidate in preparation for the
> > #    upcoming 2.8.0 release. Most major and critical bugs should
> > #    be fixed, but some minor bugs may still be present. We will
> > #    appreciate any feedback we can get from testing of this
> > #    snapshot to improve the 2.8.0 release.
>
> That's about the intel driver and not relevant for your problem. We'd
> need to know more about what exactly the update changed for the radeon
> driver, or what other relevant components (kernel, Mesa) were updated.
Hello!

If i send you output of installed xorg rpm's from the repository can you have a easy look about the
changes which happened there?

I really would want to provide the questioned output. But i am not skilled enough to do so. Please
give me a hint.

This was changed in Mesa:
- Mesa 7.5
  * new features like e.g. Gallium3D
  * various bug fixes
  * removed some GL_SGIX_* extensions, which have been superseded
    by ARB versions
- obsoletes mesa-commit-88b702e.diff, mesa-commit-954dfba.diff,
  intel_release_static_region.patch

This was the last change in: xorg-x11-server
Mi 08 Jul 2009 14:00:00 CEST
sndirsch at novell.com
- xorg-server 1.6.2
  * This is the second update to the 1.6 version and is designed
    to be a drop-in compatible version with various bug fixes and
    other improvements.
- obsoletes various patches
  * bug-507190_xorg-x11-server-bnc381139-randr-fix-timestamps.diff
  * includes-fix.diff
  * security-Fix-a-crash-caused-by-wrong-ordering-of-fo.patch
  * security-Grant-untrusted-windows-remove-access-on-a.patch
  * security-Revert-behavior-of-extension-access-for-co.patch
- adjusted zap_warning_xserver.diff

Please give me a hint to go into the right direction.

Greetings,

Matthias