Radeon as CUDA device?

wild-thing revealed at freakmail.de
Thu Jul 9 15:06:40 PDT 2009

Hello there!

I guess this could be a feature request: (An unusual question)

I am sure you know BOINC: http://boinc.berkeley.edu/
I am spending processor time for one of the related projects as user only. And there is possibility
to use a graphicsboard as a so called CUDA device with the BOINC client software.

This is using the Graphicsboard as an additional hardware for faster calculations. Currently it
seems to only work with NVidia boards? So here is my question:

Are there plans of the xorg developement team to add possibility to use lets say my: "X1950 XTX" as
a CUDA device with "radeon" driver?

Can you implement this or would u at least, please?

Many thanks for your time and help.

Greetings,