Can't obtain graphic acceleration with Radeon Xpress 1250

Dariem Pérez Herrera dariemp at uci.cu
Sat Jan 24 23:30:20 PST 2009

El sáb, 24-01-2009 a las 13:57 -0500, Alex Deucher escribió:
> On Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at 10:00 PM, dariemp <dariemp at uci.cu> wrote:
> > Hello,
> > I've not been able to obtain graphic acceleration with my ATI Radeon
> > Xpress 1250. I'm using linux kernel 2.6.28 (with ATI Radeon module
> > support), radeon driver 6.10.0, xorg 7.4, xorg X server 1.5.3 . I've
> > notice my directory /dev/dri/ is empty. I'm willing to give any needed
> > feedback to developers to fix this problem. I'm including here my xorg
> > log file.
>
> Any interesting drm/radeon related messages in your dmesg?

The only message I can find about drm or radeon in my dmesg is:

"[drm] Initialized drm 1.1.0 20060810"

lsmod shows all correct modules loaded: radeon, drm, ati_agp, agpgart. I
don't know if there is any other module missing.

I'm wondering: who is responsable for telling udev to populate /dev/dri?
Is the driver? Is the kernel module?

regards,

Dariem