ATI Radeon X1200

Mitchell Velasquez mitchellvc at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 12:50:37 PST 2009

El Wednesday 14 January 2009 16:41:09 escribió:
> On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 1:53 PM, Mitchell Velasquez
>
> <mitchellvc at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello, Im using a ATI Radeon X1200 (RS690) with the driver radeon. I have
> > updated my xserver-xorg, the xserver-xorg-ati, xserver-xorg-radeon,
> > xserver- xorg-radeonhd to the ones from jaunty, so my system is intrepid
> > with xserver from jaunty. That only because i want to have the latest
> > release of open source drivers (radeon or radeonhd) to make my card work.
> > Testing the radeon driver, the performance is better than fglrx wich
> > reached 220 FPS with glxgears, and now it shows 380 FPS with radeon
> > driver, but from time to time there is some flickering in the whole
> > screen that makes appear as  if the x- server were going to crash. That
> > lasts only a little fraction of a second and it does not happen
> > frecuently. That behavior is continuous with the radeon driver
> > distributed with intrepid, so i think it has been improved in performance
> > and stability. I attached my x.log and my xorg.conf. How can I improve
> > the performance even more? because with that FPS I can't run compiz. P.D.
> > I think it has something to do with ubuntu because with debian lenny and
> > latest fglrx I got 800 FPS, and i was able to run compiz flawlessly.
>
> glxgears is not a benchmark.  compiz should work fine on the rs690.
> As to the flickering, try:
> Option "DisplayPriority" "HIGH"
> in the device section of your config and see if that helps.
>
> Alex
thanks for your response Alex, I've tried your suggestion but i dont notice
any change, the screen is still showing some kind of flickering from time to
time. Do you have any other thing to recommend me in order to dissapear this
bad behavior of my screen?, on the other hand, wich app i can use as bechmark,
I mentioned glxgears because everywhere in the web people use that as
benchmark. thanks in advance for your response.