HD3200 RS780 HDMI

Anselmo Luginbühl anselmo at darviniano.eu
Thu Feb 19 07:27:11 PST 2009

Hi,

i'm trying to obtain the right output on the following hardware.

ASUS M3A78-EM with integrated HD3200 RS780
Panasonic TV TX-32LED8F

The TV has no vga nor dvi input so i'm using the HDMI port.

The Panasonic is a HD Ready model (1366*768) but accept only the 1280x720
(1920x1080) resolution by the HDMI port.

If I use the fglrx driver (i don't want to use it) i can use both the above
resolution (the 1920x1080 is rescaled to 1280x720 by the TV) and they are 1:1 mapped on
the screen. There is a black border around the image because the bigger native
resolution.

Now with the ati radeon driver i can't get the same result.

The radeon driver use exactly the mode suggested by the EDID (1280x720) but
this result in a disturbing overscan. May be the modelines?

I've don't managed to get the same result obtained with the fglrx with the
radeon driver.

Any idea? Or any idea on how i can get the exact modeline used by the fglrx driver?

xrandr give me strange results with the fgrlx, giving some zero value.

Thank's for any advice.

Anselmo