Problems with ati driver on Tibook

John R. Dunning jrd at jrd.org
Tue Dec 22 15:58:33 PST 2009

    From: "John R. Dunning" <jrd at jrd.org>
    Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2009 06:54:32 -0500

        From: "John R. Dunning" <jrd at jrd.org>
        Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 11:36:52 -0500

            From: Alex Deucher <alexdeucher at gmail.com>
            Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 11:26:21 -0500

            I think this patch should fix it.

        Thanks v.much!  I'll try it tonight.

    Yup, that did the trick.  Thanks so much!

Hmmm.  Maybe I spoke too soon.  A lot of stuff works, but when it
decides to blank the screen after being idle for a while, it falls
back into the wierd mode where it looks like the backlight is screwed
up.  Ie, the same thing it did at startx time, before I applied your
patch.  Hitting a key or something causes it to immediately pop back
out and look normal again.

Could it be that there are multiple paths through the driver, and
there's another place that needs that treatment?  Any more info I
could provide which would help diagnose?

Thanks again...