Problems with ati driver on Tibook

John R. Dunning jrd at jrd.org
Mon Dec 21 08:36:52 PST 2009

    From: Alex Deucher <alexdeucher at gmail.com>
    Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 11:26:21 -0500

    2009/12/21 John R. Dunning <jrd at jrd.org>:
    >    From: Michel =?ISO-8859-1?Q?D=E4nzer?= <michel at daenzer.net>
    >    Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 09:55:53 +0100
    >
    >    On Sun, 2009-12-20 at 16:45 -0500, John R. Dunning wrote:
    >    >
    >    > If it's useful I can provide x logs etc.
    >
    >    Xorg.0.log is pretty much required for any X server problem.
    >
    > Included.  Thanks...

    Your system doesn't seem to provide an edid for the LVDS and since
    there is no mode table in bios for macs, it's using 1024x768.  Not
    sure why this worked before.  Do you have an old log by any
    chance?

The old disk was pretty flakey when I changed it out.  If it would
help the cause to try to dig up an old log, I'll stick the disk back
in and see if I can get it to boot long enough to retrieve one.

    I think this patch should fix it.

Thanks v.much!  I'll try it tonight.