Releases question

Tomáš Chvátal scarabeus at gentoo.org
Thu Dec 17 04:19:03 PST 2009

Dne 17.12.2009 01:00, Dave Airlie napsal(a):

> We might have an ABI break on libdrm_radeon to make it maintainable
> which would make having any sort of released tarball a pain.
>
> when we move the kernel driver out of staging it should all trickle down.
>
> Dave.

Ok sounds sane, so we can assume that it will happen with kernel-2.6.33
then. That i guess users can survive :]

On the same note how about creating another 6.12 release and have some
policy about retaging stable branch every month if there is new commit
in. I myself and I guess colleagues from other distros ship patch
tarball from latest release up to head. Having minor bumps with fixes
never hurt anyone :]

Tomas