Removing XAA render accel in radeon

Roland Scheidegger sroland at tungstengraphics.com
Mon Dec 14 11:21:40 PST 2009

On 14.12.2009 15:22, Alex Deucher wrote:
> XAA render support seems to be broken (fdo bug 22055, possibly
> others).  It never really did much to begin with, and it only
> supported r1xx and r2xx.  Any objections to me dumping XAA render
> accel in the radeon driver?

Hmm, personally I was never able to get good performance out of EXA with
a 32MB r100 card (read: completely unusable). Maybe that has changed
with more recent xorg server versions, and I guess it should have
changed with KMS (I certainly used to have problems even with a 64MB
card without KMS, if the resolution was more than XGA), but unless
you're willing to ditch non-KMS too that might be a reason to keep it
for now, though I guess that would mean fixing...

Roland