Strange issue with Xv on R520

Felipe Contreras felipe.contreras at gmail.com
Mon Dec 7 17:43:20 PST 2009

Hi,

I started to see very strange output with Xv (not sure if it's due to
the fact that I disabled kms, or that I updated to linux 2.6.32), but
anyway, I tracked down the issue.

With 'git bisect' I found the problem was introduced at commit
'5473eee', so I started analyzing the code and found that the code
labeled "Upload bicubic filter tex" in radeon_load_bicubic_texture is
actually not doing anything; if I remove it everything works exactly the
same (weird).

Then I decided to move it to RADEONPutImageTextured, but only run it
once, and now everything works fine.

I've no idea what's happening here. I'm attaching the patch I'm using,
and this is the output I get:

(II) RADEON(0): fc: ba=0xb74b9bc0
(II) RADEON(0): fc: ba=0xb74b9bc0

Any hints?