HDMI Audio on

Marius Gröger marius.groeger at web.de
Mon Dec 7 07:41:11 PST 2009

Rafał Miłecki schrieb:
> I think no one is working on HDMI port to radeon. However Christian
> (author of HDMI for radeonhd) ported his work to KMS. Hopefully we
> will see this in 2.6.33-rc1.

Well all that KMS stuff is a bit to bleeding edge for me - not that I
wouldn't trust that stuff but I rather stick with my distro kernels.

Let me ask my original question the other way round: playing video on my
3200HD over HDMI - would I actually benefit from using the radeon driver
 (vs. the radeonhd), provided I somehow get the HDMI audio ported?
http://www.x.org/wiki/radeon says that this driver has (better) video
playback, but - without knowing any of the details - the radeonhd driver
seems to do fine so far.

If you ask: why bother if your system is ok as it is? - well, I like to
run the "right" thing, so if there is more OSS focus on the radeon
driver I want to use it. Secondly, I like to optimize things, so if
there's a better driver I want to use it. I'm sure you know what I mean :-)

Regards
Marius