Radeon KMS extremely slow on RS600

Dariem Pérez Herrera dariemp at uci.cu
Wed Dec 2 08:14:30 PST 2009

Hello,
I'm using a GPU RS600. This has always been a problematic GPU for free
radeon drivers since I have my notebook (more than a year). I've never
riched more than 320 fps, and as average I'm always running at 190 fps
more or less. Right now, I'm testing latest kernel RC with radeon KMS
feature activated, latest xf86-video-ati from git, latest libdrm, latest
mesa. I'm having a very slow speed experience with my graphics:  55 fps.
I'm also noting some totally white screens in certain times, during
initializations of graphic modes, but later it recovers (but again, with
very slow speed). I found this in my log:

(II) [KMS] drm report modesetting isn't supported.

I'm willing to test any patch, any release, anything, whatever you do to
improve support for my card. I can even code with some guidance. Thanks
in advance.

best regards,

Dariem