KMS

James Cloos cloos at jhcloos.com
Mon Aug 24 15:21:18 PDT 2009

Alex Deucher <alexdeucher-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org>
writes:

> On Mon, Aug 24, 2009 at 5:42 PM, James Cloos<cloos-GRsvFm/Gh/pBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org> wrote:
>> I'm at current master for everything: kernel, libsrm, mesa, xserver,
>> ati, x protos, x libs, etc.

> What kernel are you using?  You'll need 2.6.31 and for KMS you'll need
> to enable staging drivers and set the radeon kms config option to y.

Linus' tree; as of last night that puts me two commits more recent than
the 31-rc7 tag.  And KMS is indeed configured there:

[    2.771810] [drm] radeon default to kernel modesetting.
[    2.771886] [drm] radeon kernel modesetting enabled.

I forgot to mention: the laptop is archaic; it is an r100-class 7500 M7 LW.

-JimC