Black images after "R clamp mode" changes (Mobility X1600)

Andrea andrea_iob at yahoo.it
Sat Apr 25 01:04:22 PDT 2009

Hi there,

I'm using latest git and I'm having some troubles with recent changes about "R
clamp mode."

After the two commits "r300/r500: set R clamp mode" and "r3xx/r5xx: fix typo in
last commit" the driver is almost unusable. I can't see ANY text: i.e. X starts,
windows show correctly but there is no text at all. Now, after commit "radeon:
attempt to fix R clamping for repeat again" it goes better, the text is back but
I've problems with the visualization of scaled images in Fireox. Many images
appear all black or partially black.

After reverting these commits all work well.

I'm using a Mobility X1600:

# lspci | grep ATI
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc M56P [Radeon Mobility X1600]

Thanks for your work!

Andrea