DVI-D SIGNAL NOT CLEAR WITH ATI X-300 and FRAME BUFFER DRIVER

Luigi Campora luigi.campora at gmail.com
Thu Sep 25 07:12:32 PDT 2008

Hi everybody,
I'm running Linux 2.6.21 radeonfb driver (rel. 2.0) on an ATI X300 sapphire.
The produced DVI-D signal (on a 1600x1200x16 resolution) is not as clear as
the one produced by WINXP in this way:
pixel timing clock is OK and so is each data wire, but 0's and 1's falls
outside regular DVI eye (I'm measuring with a
6GHz high-impedence diffrential probe).

Lots of "buzzing" is produced on my HP montor when I use a 5m DVI-D cable:
this does not happen under WIN XP.

I'm afraid something is missing from the driver concerning signal (some
hidden tuning?)

Can someone help?

Thanks in advance!

luigi