S-video output on radeon and radeonhd with RS690 (Radeon X1250)

Lucas Nussbaum lucas at lucas-nussbaum.net
Wed Sep 17 02:44:56 PDT 2008

Hi,

I own an Asus M2A-VM with an integrated ATI Radeon X1250. I'm trying to
get the S-Video output to work. It works fine with the proprietary fglrx
driver.

I've tried the current git heads of both xf86-video-ati and
xf86-video-radeonhd.

With radeon, the S-Video output is not detected (the HDMI apparently is,
though, but I didn't try it).

With radeonhd, the S-Video output seems to be detected, but running
xrandr gives me:
$ xrandr
xrandr: Output TV_SVIDEO is not disconnected but has no modes

X log with radeon: http://blop.info/pub/Xorg.log.radeon
X log with radeonhd: http://blop.info/pub/Xorg.log.radeonhd

Is there anything else I could try? The fact that radeonhd detects the
S-Video output gives me hope that radeon could detect it too.

Thank you,
--
| lucas at lucas-nussbaum.net   http://www.lucas-nussbaum.net/ |
| jabber: lucas at nussbaum.fr             GPG: 1024D/023B3F4F |