X1900 G5 edition and microcode in mesa/drm

Robin H. Johnson robbat2 at gentoo.org
Sun Mar 30 12:11:37 PDT 2008

I'd like to renew my question from back in November 2007, in light of
the fact that the mesa/drm branch now seems to have ATI microcode.

Previously, I was informed that the X1900 G5 edition cards (PCI ID
0x7240) would not be supported as they contained OFW (which I disputed
at the time, noting that the card returned only zeros when trying to
read it's ROM, while other OFW cards I had did return their ROM fine)
and no AtomBIOS.

As the microcode is now in the DRM tree, does this negate the need for
having an AtomBIOS from the card directly?

--
Robin Hugh Johnson
Gentoo Linux Developer & Infra Guy
E-Mail     : robbat2 at gentoo.org