radeon, M22 X300, a pair of monitors, and maximizing resolution with good performance

Michel Dänzer michel at tungstengraphics.com
Fri Mar 28 01:08:38 PDT 2008

On Thu, 2008-03-27 at 21:18 -0600, Thomas Vaughan wrote:

>  So I thought that I might just rotate my two monitors and make a virtual
>  desktop of 2400x1600.  The problem that I encountered, however, was of
>  painfully slow performance, even for ordinary 2D operations, like
>  moving a window.  Is there any way of setting up a pair of monitors in
>  portrait mode with decent 2D and 3D acceleration, or is this just not
>  supported?

I think it should be possible, but you need to make sure to use EXA
instead of XAA and that you use something close to current upstream Git
- xserver-xorg-video-ati from experimental may or may not fit the bill.

If this advice doesn't help, please provide the full xorg.conf and
Xorg.0.log corresponding to it.