igp9100 tvout

alberto hernando pajaro.go at gmail.com
Sun Mar 23 17:29:57 PDT 2008

Hi.

I'm new to the list, and I've looked for similar messages before.
I'm not a developer but an user of an ati igp9100 in an asus pundit-r. I
have it as a freevo standalone box. I have no tv-out with xorg, so for now,
I'm using a quite old version of fglrx. Actually, I have tv-out, but
completely out of sync (pal, composite). Of course, I'd like a good free
driver with good support. I've read and searched a lot, and it seems that
the main problem is the igp9100 uses an independent encoder for tv, which
makes it difficult to support.
I have a partition with lfs which I use for tests, in which I've compiled
the latest x.org (xserver 1.4, xf86-ati-6.8.0...). But, as I said, no
success. Well, I've also read about some developers that could try to code
this but have no hardware to test, so I'd like to offer mine. I could test
anything you want to try and I can report success or failure, along with
logs, of course. If I'm going to test experimenal code, I just need clear
instructions of what I must do.

Alberto

PS: BTW, 3d works.