2.6.25-rc3 + RS690 + DRM + xf86-video-ati hang

Jonathan McDowell noodles at earth.li
Thu Mar 6 13:33:29 PST 2008

On Thu, Mar 06, 2008 at 10:29:52AM -0500, Alex Deucher wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 6, 2008 at 6:22 AM, Jonathan McDowell <noodles at earth.li> wrote:
> > On Tue, Mar 04, 2008 at 11:23:59AM +0000, Dave Airlie wrote:
> >  > Jonathan I appreciate the bug report, I'm more saying to Andrew that
> >  > getting DRI right on new chipsets is non-trivial as there are lot of
> >  > configurations we can't test until we actually push the code to
> >  > users..  and in this case you are one of those..
> >  >
> >  > you might try setting the VRAM in your BIOS to 128MB instead of Auto
> >  > and seeing it helps..
> >
> >  Unfortunately this doesn't seem to make any difference.
>
> Seems to be a 64-bit issue from the reports I've seen.

I threw up a 32 bit install on my box; again Debian/sid with a
2.6.25-rc4 kernel with DRM enabled. And it seems to work (well,
Xorg.0.log reports DRM enabled and I get a working X server though I've
only tried xterm under it). I don't know if that confirms it's a 32/64
bit issue or if that's just not tickling some other issue, but hopefully
it's a useful datapoint.

J.

--
Web [    101 things you can't have too much of : 8 - Hard drive    ]
site: http:// [                  space.                  ]       Made by