man radeon should list radeon 9250 as well as 9550 perhaps

Willie Wonka floydstestemail at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 12 17:02:26 PDT 2008

hiya folks;

Just want to notify you guys that perhaps we can add an entry to "man radeon"
for the 9550 ati cards, it appears they are *rv360* like the line mentions for
the 9800XT -->

R360        Radeon 9800XT (2d only)

    ... also ... the maybe an entry for the 9250, which AFAICT is *rv280*  (cf:
http://users.erols.com/chare/video.htm search page for rv280 to jump down to
spot where all the rv* are matched with model numbers).

I mention this for a few reasons; (yes i realize they are all old now) but that
3D cutoff point for rv300 and up is still a big deal for some of us trying to
stay away from (in this case Ati) binary blobs. I ain't no expert as to how
well 3D works on these lower than rv300 cards, nor the Dual screen
capabilities, tv out etc. functions, ...nor do i know all the details of what
the newer 'radeonhd' addresses.

I am visiting http://wiki.x.org/wiki/radeonhd now to read up more about all
that. thanks

yt, enouf

p.s. (Please don't be put off by this seldom used email address and name .. i
know, it's silly, but email makes me break out in hives)