problem with radeon and DRI enabled

Alex Tomas bzzz.tomas at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 09:54:08 PDT 2008

Hi,

thanks for looking at this .. comments inline

Michel Dänzer wrote:
> On Tue, 2008-06-10 at 21:45 +0400, Alex Tomas wrote:
>> Michel Dänzer wrote:
>>> What if you don't specify Option "AGPMode" instead, and possibly play
>>> with the AGP settings in the BIOS setup? Or if you use Option "BusType"
>>> "PCI"?
>> Tried with "PCI" in xorg.conf - same result.
>
> Did you verify in the log file that the option was recognized as
> intended?

(II) RADEON(0): PCI card detected
(**) RADEON(0): Forced into PCI mode

looks correct?

>>> Why not?
>> If I disable DRI -vo xv doesn't work anymore.
>
> Define "doesn't work". It should work regardless with your card.

1) EXA is not enabled, DRI is disabled

VO: [xv] 720x304 => 720x304 Planar YV12
X11 error: BadAlloc (insufficient resources for operation)?,?% 0 0

X11 error: BadAlloc (insufficient resources for operation)?,?% 0 0

X11 error: BadAlloc (insufficient resources for operation)?,?% 0 0

2) EXA is not enabled, DRI is enabled

VO: [xv] 720x304 => 720x304 Planar YV12
X11 error: BadAlloc (insufficient resources for operation)?,?% 0 0

X11 error: BadAlloc (insufficient resources for operation)?,?% 0 0

X11 error: BadAlloc (insufficient resources for operation)?,?% 0 0

3) EXA is enabled, DRI is enabled

the card locks up, radeon is spinning in that routine.

4) EXA is enabled, DRI is enabled, PCI forced

the card locks up

5) EXA is enabled, DRI is disabled, PCI forced

(EE) RADEON(0): Idle timed out, resetting engine...
(EE) RADEON(0): Idle timed out, resetting engine...

thanks, Alex