problem with radeon and DRI enabled

Alex Tomas bzzz.tomas at gmail.com
Sun Jun 8 23:58:12 PDT 2008

Hi,

I've got couple movies which lockup (almost) system in a second.
if I disable DRI the problem disappear, but then I can't use hw
scaling.

I've googled a bit and it seems the problem is well-known, Dave Airlie
wrote this is GPU become unresponsive. is there an workaround?

backtrace, X conf/log and lspci output are attached.

thanks, Alex