split mach64 out ?

George - fufutos610 at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 17 09:05:12 PST 2008

> Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 10:48:39 -0500
> From: alexdeucher at gmail.com
> To: fufutos610 at hotmail.com
> Subject: Re: split mach64 out ?
> CC: xorg-driver-ati at lists.x.org
>
> Looks good to me, but I'll let the distro packagers chime in as
> they'll most like deal with the fall out.  Any chance you want to
> break out r128 as well?

Sure, if everything goes well with mach64, r128 should be easy.

Any change you test http://people.freedesktop.org/~gsap7/0001-use-stand-alone-drivers-for-each-chip-family.patch (which i just changed) for different cases of normal startup, configure, multiple device sections in xorg.conf with same and different driver names and order ?

I can't be sure it catches all "race conditions" between load and probe time order in all the above cases ?

regards,
George.