Error in video display -- ati 3D RagePro card

Martin G. Diehl mdiehl at nac.net
Thu Jan 17 08:38:54 PST 2008

George - wrote:

>  > I have recently installed Fedora 8.0 and also
>  > Ubuntu 7.10 on two of my 'under used' systems.
>  >
>  > I reconfigured those systems to use 2 ati cards:
>  > ati 3D Rage Pro rev92 and ati 3D Rage Pro 215GP rev 92.
>  >
>  > However, the display shows some garbage.
>
> Does the following patch help ?
>
> http://people.freedesktop.org/~gsap7/mach64-cursor.patch

Please tell me how to apply it.

Is this for both Fedora or for Ubuntu ... or both?

> I'll push it to git if it does, since it's been reported multiple times ...
>
> Are you willing to test one or two other patches against git HEAD ?

Of course ... _after_ testing this one.  (grin)

--
Martin

Visit my online gallery at Renderosity [3D Artist's Community]
http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/browse.php?username=MGD

So much wisdom and knowledge but so little time and bandwidth.
--MGD

Reality: That which remains after you stop thinking about it.
--inspired by P. K. Dick