DMA IRQ ping-pong

Xavier Bestel xavier.bestel at free.fr
Wed Jan 2 02:32:48 PST 2008

Hi,

I have an ATI radeon 9600 XT, and I'm tracking the debian experimental
driver (last version is 1:6.7.198~git20080101.f65374f5-1). I still have
some random lockups, but they are few and far between (say once or twice
a week), so not so easy to track.

On strange thing I have observed in the log is that the DMA IRQ
allocated varies between the runs. Here's the diff between the last two
logs:
-(II) RADEON(0): [drm] dma control initialized, using IRQ 17
+(II) RADEON(0): [drm] dma control initialized, using IRQ 16

This time the version changed, but sometimes just a reboot can trigger
this. It's always IRQ 16 or 17.

Is that ok ?

Thanks,
	Xav