ATI Radeon 5xx (RV530 AGP) freezes X with DRI enabled.

raiden at server.boros.com raiden at server.boros.com
Mon Feb 25 22:10:42 PST 2008

Hello,

I have the latest kernel installed (2.6.25-rc3) which has the newest
radeon kernel modules that supports the Radeon 5xx series. I just
downloaded the latest X, Mesa, and ATI driver from git (not the radeonhd
or avivo) and it seems to freeze X. I have my Radeon Saphire X1600PRO 512mb AGP
connected via DVI to a HDMI tv (DVI->HDMI) and with DRI enabled (default),
it freezes X and even after trying to kill X, It doesn't remove itself and
I have to reboot.  If I turn off DRI, X loads no problem.

The second issue is if X loads (when I turn off DRI), I do a xrandr which
tells me what possible graphic modes I can set the display and the max
resolution is
1280x768. I know forsure that the card should be able to display up to
1920x1080 as I have done it before with the AMD supplied ATI driver. Any
ideas?