ati: shrink wrapper & pci-probe

Martin G. Diehl mdiehl at nac.net
Thu Feb 14 09:55:22 PST 2008

George - wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I put two patches in http://people.freedesktop.org/~gsap7/ .
>
> The first patch gets the ati wrapper to replace Driver lines
> from Device sections with the appropriate subdriver name,
> rather than register a DriverRec itself.
>
> The above may sound ugly, but the resulting solution is
> indeed pretty clean.  It also kills the ATI driver, turns
> the subdrivers into proper standalone drivers and allows
> pci-probing for the triad.
>
> - it has been marginally tested with a single device and
>   xserver 1.5, so please test esp. with older xserver's and
>   multiple device sections with same and different driver lines
> - in the absence of BusID, i use the primary device, is this ok ?
> - is domain handled ok esp. with pciaccess ?
>
> The second patch ports the subdrivers to pci-probing. It
> basically adds pciids for each subdriver, it does not use
> the match_data functionality. This is compile-tested only,
> so please test.

I have a PC with the ATI mach64 chip set.

I would be happy to help you with the testing.

Since I am not expert in linus developer procedures,
pleae spell out the exact steps for me to follow.

--
Martin

Visit my online gallery at Renderosity [3D Artist's Community]
http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/browse.php?username=MGD

So much wisdom and knowledge -- so little time and bandwidth.
--MGD