Interlaced VGA capability possibly lost between v4.2.0 and v4.3.0

Paul Gardiner lists at glidos.net
Mon Dec 8 10:09:36 PST 2008

Alex Deucher wrote:
> At some point during the xrandr 1.2 transition in the radeon driver,
> certain interlaced configurations broke.  This should be fixed now in
> ati git master.

Brilliant! That's good news. Any ideas whether the latest radeon driver
is likely to work with X.Org X server 1.4.2?  The target for the upgrade
is Minimyth, which has it's own special build system, so I'm hoping to
update as little as possible.

I got a little further with the driver v4.3.0. I noticed this in the
logs:

freq: 13500000
best_freq: 16666667
best_feedback_div: 200
best_ref_div: 27
best_post_div: 12
(II) RADEON(0): dc=1666, of=0, fd=200, rd=27, pd=12

Adding ForceMinDotClock allowed use of 13500000 and now at least my TV
locks up on something, but now I have the top halves of both fields
appearing one above the other, with nothing interlaced between the
slightly separated horizontal scans. It's having a go at least.

Cheers,
	Paul.