Interlaced VGA capability possibly lost between v4.2.0 and v4.3.0

Paul Gardiner lists at glidos.net
Sun Dec 7 13:13:21 PST 2008

I have a Radeon 9000 producing interlaced 720x576 successfully
on one system but not another. Admittedly they are different Linux
distrobitions, so the difference could potentially be anywhere,
but the Xorg looks - to my untrained eye - to suggest that the
problem is with xorg or the radeon driver. Is there any chance that
a change between v4.2.0 and v4.3.0 could have lost the capability
for interlaced output?

Attached are the conf files and logs. It would be grate if
someone wouldn't mind having a quick look. If it's likely
that it is a difference in the radeon driver, I could have a go
at using the older version on both systems.

Cheers,
	Paul.