Need Help with ATI Graphic Card bring up

Alex Deucher alexdeucher at gmail.com
Wed Aug 13 11:36:41 PDT 2008

On Wed, Aug 13, 2008 at 2:26 PM, Bizhan Gholikhamseh (bgholikh)
<bgholikh at cisco.com> wrote:
> Hi

Mac cards have an open firmware bios which may or may not be useful on
your platform.  As far as I know all graphics cards require proper
initialization.  You're best bet is to get a r5xx based radeon chip
(x1330, x1600, x1900, etc.).  radeon chips with atombios have a
special command table in the bios to initialize the asic without the
need of an x86 bios.  You will need to grab the radeon driver from git
however as only it has the changes needed to deal with bigendian in
the atombios interpreter.  This has only been tested on ppc,  but mips
should work similarly.