[radeonhd] 0x94CC:0x1545:0x3650: <Radeonhd RV610 HD2400Pro>

Benjamin Herrenschmidt benh at kernel.crashing.org
Wed Aug 13 03:38:03 PDT 2008

On Wed, 2008-08-13 at 20:07 +1000, Dave Airlie wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 13, 2008 at 7:54 PM, Tai Tri Nguyen <ttnguyen at amcc.com> wrote:
> > Hi Alex,
> >
> > The driver I'm using is from git, the latest version of xf86-video-ati
> >  >>git clone
> > git://anongit.freedesktop.org/git/xorg/driver/xf86-video-ati
> >
> > I have just downloaded and compiled again but the issue still exist.
> > Video can display in 24 bits depth color but perform wrong color.
> > Do you have any idea for the issue?
> >

> I think this is a pixman bug, but I'm not sure,
>
> Ben you have any luck tracking it down further?
>
> Actually R600 doesn't have surfaces like previous cards so actually we
> need to program some bits of r600.

Hi !

There are two different things at play here:

 - There may be a problem with pixman, I've had report of color
issues with some apps / themes and I've observed some myself with
the fedora default theme, on cards like r500 where we pretty much
know the surface swapping works.

 - The r600 has no surfaces, at least not the way they used to work, so
it's expected that colors will be wrong on that one.

For the later, I don't know yet what can be done, ie. I don't know what
they replaced surfaces with and how we can deal with endianness on it,
I'll have to catch up with you and Alex, look at available docs, etc...

At this stage, it's hard to say which of these two problems is affecting
Tai Tri. I would suggest he tries an R500 card such as X1650 or similar,
this is what we use on Bimini and appears to work reasonably well, at
least we have working surface swappers. I'll have to track down the
pixman issue (if that's one, btw, I could use your help here Dave in
isolating what X rendering ops are actually going wrong).

For R6xx, I can't tell yet what we'll do. I have a 2400HD too so I
should hopefully be able to work on that as soon as I find some spare
time.

Tai: What machine is this ? I can try to do a similar setup, I have a
whole range of AMCC eval boards here, I was planning to give the X1650 a
go some time next week or so in fact...

Cheers,
Ben.